Monday, November 14, 2011

David

Dear David,

Today and everyday for the past almost 14 years of my life I am grateful for you and to you. Most of all you have been the example to me of how God loves as you have loved me unconditionally and without reserve. I don't remember my days without you and that there are days ahead that I have you with me as well.

We just get each other. We laugh, alot!! and we respect each other. That last one has taken some work but once we got that lesson down, it opened up another level of love for each of us. That's really what our relationship is...constantly working and moving deeper with each other. We've had our fair share of trials and rough times but we've prevailed because we know there is a deeper committment and meaning in our relationship. We're not going to jump ship on each other, those tough times are the times to be clinging on to each other like never before. I love that our relationship was founded and based in friendship. We truly are best friends and are able to enjoy our times together and also know each other well.

I'm thankful for your leadership in our family, for the way you put your hand on my back when we're in a crowd, for your laugh and your smile, for the way you light up when you hear Matthew say "Daddy", for countless conversations and "brainstorming" times, for Excel spreadsheets that you do so well (and I love to hate sooo much) to keep our finances in check, for your committment to God, me and Matthew, for your hard work at every single thing you do, for your pursuit of me, for the way you forgive, for your dry sense of humor and the way you tease people, for your support in my endeavors, even when you don't understand them, for knowing me and still loving me, for loving to just be at home together, for your intense, never ending, always professing love of the Dallas Cowboys, and for knowing me and being proud of me.

You are my better half and the joy of my heart. Life is not life without you and today and everyday is new and exciting with you. There are many things that you give me in life, but the one that I am most grateful for is that you gave me all of you. May I be ever mindful of the powerful gift you gave me in that.

For you, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment