Sunday, November 13, 2011

God

Dear God,

I have much to be grateful to you for. You are the source of life, you are grace, you are direction, you are truth, you are faithful and you are just. And you have been all those things in my life. Without you I have and would be lost and clinging to life alone and unstructured. I've believed in you since I was little, and have grown into a woman who understands more of the decision I made when I was little. There have been instances along the way that you have broken me of my will (which is a strong one) and have brought me into a deeper knowledge of you. Those times have shown me more of what you are to me, such as loving, gracious, a parent that will and needs to discipline His children, perspective, and truth.

I am most thankful that you are involved in my life. You don't leave me when I get something, you push me on to do more and to gain more understanding. If only I was willing to let go and dig in deeper more, how much more would you show me and direct me?!?!  I also am thankful that you allow me to be real with you. And in turn I receive love from you in my weaknesses and in turn you give me opportunity to share that love with others. You have been an example to me of what it means to be a servant and to be gracious and involved with other people. You were and still are a hands-on God. You still get your hands messy in my life and others and expect us to do the same. Thank you for that example and that you are not a far off God that only wants to dictate.

Another area of thankfulness is that you give me purpose and meaning in life. You have confirmed my efforts to be a social worker and work with people that are hurting in life and try to bring about hope in their life. Each day  I have a reason, other than a paycheck, to get up and do it again. I thank you that there is more to what I do than a job description and that you have given me eternal perspective in my job. You have placed a "calling" over my life to serve those that are hurting and in need, socially unacceptable, abused or abusers, the "outcasts" of society, the ones that are stuck in the valleys of life. I praise you each day that you give me the strength and passion to go meet them where they are and hopefully just be Jesus to them.

You are faithful, true, open, loving, just, and the main thing I have to be thankful for. Everything I have has come from you therefore you deserve all the praise for anyone else mentioned here. You have woven my life together with many other people and have used them in my life to share with me and love me. May I be what you want me to be personally, professionally, and in everything. Thank you for loving me first and for giving me the opportunity to give that love away to others.

For you I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment