Monday, September 26, 2011

The Rainbow After the Storm

If you have read the post before this (A Song and a Reflection of Surrender) you have read my heart. Now let me share the rainbow blessing that came out of my brokenness and surrender to Christ. I have been longing for alot of affirmation in life, personally, professionally it didn't really matter just for someone to notice the things I was doing. Of course, that didn't come because I was basing that on people, who don't feel the need I have like God.

Today I had to deliver some paperwork to the court for work, which is not normally my responsibility. However, it fell on me today and I grumbled the entire way as I didn't have time for this and was frustrated. I waited in the waiting room for a while as they reviewed stuff and a was piddling on my phone. A girl came over to me and said "Can I talk to you?" 
I looked up and it was a person I had encountered through my work at the hospital. I remembered our time together. She stated "I just wanted to come over here and tell you how much you changed my life while I was in the hospital. You came into my room and took the time to talk with me. I have been sober for 36 days and have applied many of the things that we talked about. I feel like I have my life back and I'm making a difference. And I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am for the part you played in that."

And at that, we shook hands and she was gone. I felt affirmed, purposeful and a new peace and direction not only in what I do in my profession. I know that was straight from the throne of God that He was just waiting for me to surrender to Him in order to bless me with the very thing I've been searching for. My heart is full of praise, peace and purpose. To God be the Glory in my life and in yours. May you find yourself surrendered in the arms of a faithful King who wants to love you and raise you up to more than you could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment