Monday, November 21, 2011

Tim and Samantha

Dear Tim,

You are a great big brother. We haven't always liked each other but I come to find now that I have a good appreciation and respect for you. As we've said, we always knew when to unite against the bigger forces, aka, our parents. We've played together, created crazy games to entertain ourselves, you let me tag along with your friends, we've supported each other. Throughout all our lives, I want you to know that I've watched you and admired you from afar.

You are an extremely hard worker and you are good at what you do. We are very different in our pursuits in life but I like that and appreciate your intelligence. You are rockets, I am feelings. You seem to know what you want in your career and life and you go after that with all you have. And that is admirable and you hopefully have and will continue to be rewarded for that. I know all the graduations and visits that we have had with you, I have been sitting there with a sense of pride to call you my brother. I enjoy being able to support you and your life, as well as receive the support and love you have for me and my family now.

I'm most thankful for our times of laughter and memories that we have together. We are able now that we are adults to just have a good time with each other. Its nice to share those times, I just wish it was a little more frequent. Selfishly I'm thankful for you giving us good vacation spots throughout the year and living in great places to visit. Though we have alot of geographic space between us, I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and heart alot. Having a big brother was the best thing for me and I'm grateful for how our relationship has grown from re-enacting Star Wars battle scenes to enjoying time together as adults. Keep up your hard work and know that I will always be proud of you and look forward to what is next for you.

For you I am grateful.

Dear Sam,

You are the best sister in law I've got. You have come into our family gracefully and it really does seem like you should have always belonged. I love having you around to share time with and just get to know. I know I can always count on you to get to watch HGTV with when you are in Texas. I enjoy having you around and your laid back, fun loving personality.

I am grateful for you choosing to be a part of our family. But most of all I am grateful for how happy you have made my brother. I remember when you guys were first dating how excited and happy he was when I would talk to him. All he wanted to tell me about was you and what you guys had been doing. You made him proud, happy, and encouraged him in his endeavors and spur him on to be better. For that I will always be grateful for you. Even more, you guys have a great balance between each other that is refreshing to see.

You bring out the best in my brother but you also are a sure, confident and professional woman. You know what you want and you are great at getting the job done. I admire your work and your professionalism as well as the fun loving side of you. You have a good balance between work and home that many people struggle to find. You believe in family and yours is important to you and a priority. Thank you for choosing my brother to love and for fitting perfectly into our family.

For you I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment